Friday, February 29, 2008

Ah, spring.


Ladies and gentlemen, this is Josh Beckett. Josh Beckett is getting ready for the 2008 season. And Josh Beckett doesn't exactly care if he's playing against the Yankees or a bunch of college students - he's going to do his best. Unfortuantly for Boston College baseball players, that meant striking out four of the six batters he faced, throwing twenty-five pitches, eighteen of which were strikes. No one reached base against him. Poor college boys.

Says Beckett, "When you're out there trying to execute pitches, it doesn't matter who you're facing...I'm not going to let them hit it. It doesn't matter. I'm out there trying to do my job. My job right now is to get in shape for the season."

After all that, Josh still wasn't too happy with his performance. Not too pleased with his curveball, he went down to the bullpen after the game and threw about seventeen pitches to try and get everything moving right together. Of course, with typical Josh fashion, he managed to confuse me with his words when he said, "It was just my body getting out in front of me and my body having to rush to catch up." Now, if your body was in front of you, why would it have to catch up? Quite odd, if you ask me. Of course, I'm more then willing to bow before the powers-that-be Beckett's English, and let him say whatever he wants.

As for the second game, that one went quite well too. Fifteen to zero, with the Sox sweeping past Northeastern University. Justin Masterson went two innings, striking out one and allowing just one hit. After that hit, Justin managed to get the next batter to hit into a double-play.

Nice way to start the season, even if it's not really the season yet.

No comments: